» » Claiborne Parish (Images of America: Louisiana)
Download Claiborne Parish (Images of America: Louisiana) epub book
ISBN:073855412X
Author: Herbert S. Ford Memorial Museum Inc.
ISBN13: 978-0738554129
Title: Claiborne Parish (Images of America: Louisiana)
Format: lrf mbr azw rtf
ePUB size: 1685 kb
FB2 size: 1468 kb
DJVU size: 1430 kb
Language: English
Category: Americas
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing (October 13, 2008)
Pages: 128

Claiborne Parish (Images of America: Louisiana) by Herbert S. Ford Memorial Museum Inc.



Part of the Images of America: Louisiana Series). by The Herbert S. Ford Memorial Museum. Located in north-central Louisiana, Claiborne Parish was named for the first American governor, William C. C. Claiborne, and is one of the oldest parishes in the state. The area was settled by English and Scots-Irish, who, with persons of African descent, began arriving as early as 1818.

Images of America: Louisiana). by. The Herbert S. Immigration increased markedly in the 1830s following the removal of the Great Raft of Located in north-central Louisiana, Claiborne Parish was named for the.

Herbert S. Herbert S. History Museum in Homer, Louisiana. CommunitySee all. 554 people like this. 559 people follow this. Contact Herbert S. Ford Memorial Museum on Messenger. History Museum · Education · Historical place. Price range £. Hours 09:00 - 16:00.

S. Ford Memorial Museum, located in the Hotel Claiborne which was built in 1890, houses a vast collection that tells the history and culture of the North Louisiana Hill Country. Interpretive exhibits allow the visitor to step back in time and experience life of the past. Exhibits include Native American, pioneer, the oil boom of the 1920s, Claiborne Parish education, and much, much more. This museum is a must see!

The Herbert S. Ford Memorial Museum is a museum of local history and culture housed in the former Claiborne Hotel at 519 South Main Street in Homer in Claiborne Parish in North Louisiana. The Homer Chamber of Commerce is headquartered inside the two-story museum, which is located across the historic town square from the Claiborne Parish Courthouse.

The Herbert S. The Ford Museum’s collection reflects the life and culture of North Louisiana, Claiborne Parish in particular, from Pre-Columbian times to the present day. With exhibits ranging from Native American culture, Pioneer life, African-American history, and daily life in Claiborne Parish to the agriculture, lumber, and oil industries, the Ford Museum is a valuable resource for anyone interested in learning about North Louisiana’s past and present

The Herbert S. Ford Memorial Museum and the Homer Chamber of Commerce jointly occupy the building of the former Claiborne Hotel building. Homer is a town in and the parish seat of Claiborne Parish in northern Louisiana, United States. Named for the Greek poet Homer, the town was laid out around the Courthouse Square in 1850 by Frank Vaughn. The museum claims the oldest compressed bale of cotton in existence in the United States. This cotton display is believed to have been baled about 1930. Adjacent to the cotton exhibit is the "Black Gold", a replica of an oilfield roughneck-a general laborer worker who loading and unloads cargo from crane baskets and keeps the drilling equipment clean-employed in the early 1930s by the Sinclair Oil and Gas Company.

Geographic Name: Claiborne Parish (L. History Pictorial works. Corporate Name: Herbert S. On this site it is impossible to download the book, read the book online or get the contents of a book. Ford Memorial Museum is a local history museum located in the former Claiborne Hotel at 519 South Main Street in Homer in Claiborne Parish in north Louisiana. The Homer Chamber of Commerce is headquartered within the two-story museum, which is situated across the town square from the historic Claiborne Parish Courthouse

Located in north-central Louisiana, Claiborne Parish was named for the first American governor, William C. C. Claiborne, and is one of the oldest parishes in the state. The area was settled by English and Scots-Irish, who, with persons of African descent, began arriving as early as 1818. Immigration increased markedly in the 1830s following the removal of the Great Raft of the Red River, making access to the interior of the region less difficult. Between 1840 and 1860, settlers from Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolinas, Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee poured into the region, establishing farms, villages, churches, and schools. By the 1850s, every trade and industry was represented in the town, bountiful crops were being produced in the countryside, and prosperity was felt throughout the parish.